Tuesday, February 14, 2006

be the message

Today is Valentine's Day.

As much as that displeases me, it's nice to see the sunken sky, gray and dismal. Threatening to drop "flecks of snow."
A sweet song heard through the speakers, but it's one of heartbreak, not passion.

"Baby, that's not all."

An early morning shopper reassures me that men are the ones who really dig this day. She tells a tale of drunken secrets spilled the night before; this is her desperate dash to make it right. Maybe he finally told her he loves her.

They say this is a day to spoil your significant other. But the people I am thinking about are my mom, my sisters, my best friends, and my brothers.

"Think of another and give a little of your heart to the least expecting."

I love you too, mom. Now here is a woman with the power to make me cry out of love. The intensity of her compassion and strength is an honesty I wouldn't find anywhere else in the world. Sometimes she can be so profound.

My true loves happen to be people I don't especially like. Their similarities: thier stubborness, selfishness--none of it matters because each one of them knows the ins and outs of my life, my love, my dreams, my goals, my frustrations. We speak each others' words. We laugh for no reason, and have every reason to enjoy it while it lasts.

I hope it snows today.
Snow makes me feel closer to heaven, and reminds me that I walk on the earth.

Wish granted. . .
and it's a blizzard.

No comments: