Friday, September 5, 2008

it had to be.

There is so much talent in you.
So much I want from you.
So much I project onto you.

But the "you" I see, is not the "me" that you know.
And the "me" with you is someone I've just barely met.
She's bashful, nervous, intimidated by the "you" who is aggressive, arrogant, mean.

But the nights are different. The mornings bring redeeming qualities.
They bring laughter, joy, sarcasm and wit.
They make it all worth it.
They make "you and I" into "we," even if for a few fleeting moments.

Surely we can meet somewhere in the middle.

I'm not trying to make something out of nothing.
I'm not trying to analyze you or sound overly romantic.
I won't tell you "I love you," or that "I will wait forever."
That isn't "me."
That isn't "you."
But whatever it is that "we" do is good for me.
And I just wanted you to know.

No comments: