Wednesday, August 9, 2006

this time is a good time

somehow it got to be morning.
i have been dealing lately with feelings of disappointment. sometimes for good reason, sometimes for no reason at all.
but even the few beers i drank before midnight take adverse effect and leave me feeling like nothing but a big alcoholic.

"there seems to be a running theme about being fine and alright."
i've noticed it, too.

i am wide awake now in the early morning hours,
jolted by the dream i just had.
disappointed, even in the realm of imaginatation.
(but whose imagination?)
even upon waking, i could feel the intensity of such emotions

loss
betrayal
anger

and a lyric in my head. with nowhere to go until i acknowledge it, listen, admit it to myself.

"the fools we are as men."

as i peer out my bedroom window, the deep blue of a early morning summer sky gives me peace.
peace enough to let me back down to sleep.

No comments: